Conduct & Compliance
If at any time drivers feel they are in an unsafe situation, they will have the right to exercise judgment, stop the vehicle, and ask passengers to de-board or call authorities if needed. Inappropriate conduct, including behaviors which present a danger to other passengers, will not be tolerated. These include but are not limited to:
- Engaging in any type of business, legal or illegal, on the bus or at a bus stop
- Playing loud audio devices
- Harassing sexually
- Threatening drivers or passengers
- Using foul or derogatory language including excessive conversation
- Anyone who poses a safety hazard to him/her or others by misplaced bodily fluids will be denied bus service.
- At the driver’s discretion, riders who engage in persistent inappropriate and/or dangerous behavior may be required to de-board.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed on the bus.
- No other food or drink may be consumed on the bus except for medical purposes allowed by drivers.
- No smoking is allowed within 20 feet of vehicles or 50 feet of the Liberal Transit office or garage entrance.
- No tobacco usage or open containers, no weapons or ammunition and no hazardous material such as car batteries, gasoline, or propane are allowed in City Bus vehicles.
- If passengers are found to violate any of the aforementioned rules, they will be asked to de-board immediately and will not be allowed to ride anymore that day.
Offenses & Suspensions
- If riders refuse to de-board when asked to do so by drivers for any of the reasons above, the police will be called to escort him/her off the vehicle, resulting in a 1st offense.
- A 2nd offense will result in a 30-day suspension.