Can I provide insurance verification without coming to court?
You may provide insurance verification either during your regularly scheduled hearing or before the hearing. You will be required to fill out and sign a Request for Continuance of Insurance charge. You may provide those to the Municipal Court Clerk's Office at any time the office is open (generally Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m). You may also fax the insurance verification to the clerk's office at (620) 626-0569. If the insurance verification is provided, the insurance charge will be continued for a period of 90 days. The verification must actually be an insurance verification card or the equivalent displayed on a cellular phone or portable electronic device. If the clerk is unable to read the information on the phone or electronic device, you may provide this to the judge at your scheduled court date. Insurance applications, account statements, payment due notices and other documents related to an insurance policy will not be accepted. The clerk's office will not be required to call insurance agencies to verify whether insurance policies were in effect.

Show All Answers

1. Can I provide insurance verification without coming to court?
2. Can I recover civil damages for an automobile accident in Municipal Court?
3. I have been cited with a car seat or booster seat violation. Can those charges be dismissed?
4. I have been charged with an equipment violation. Can those charges be dismissed?
5. I have been cited with having an expired tag. I had purchased tags but I didn't have the registration on the vehicle. Can the citation be dismissed?
6. I had an expired tag, but I have now purchased new tags.
7. I have questions about defenses that I may have. Can I speak with an attorney?
8. How can I obtain a copy of my driving record?
9. When am I supposed to appear for court?
10. I would like to talk to someone about having my charges amended. Who can I speak with?