Home-Based Businesses


Anyone wanting to conduct business from their homes must first obtain a Home Occupation Permit before a Business License is issued. Running a business from home is an attractive idea to many people, but it is important for home business operators to remember that they are conducting a business in a home, which is most likely surrounded by other homes in a residential area. 


The City places certain restrictions on the operation of home businesses to protect the residential nature of the neighborhood. These rules protect you and your neighborhood.

For More Information, contact the Building and Zoning Department at 620-626-2261 for a permit application or more information.

Contact Us

  1. Keith Bridenstine


    Building Department / Inspections

    324 N Kansas Avenue
    Liberal, KS 67901

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 2199
     Liberal, KS 67905

    Phone: 620-626-2261

    Office Hours:
     Monday - Thursday
     7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
     7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
     (Excluding Holidays)

    Staff Directory