The City of Liberal Municipal Court is a limited jurisdiction court that hears cases involving alleged traffic infractions, misdemeanor traffic and criminal violations and violations of the Liberal City Code. The judge conducts the trials under the Code of Criminal Procedure, the Code of Municipal Courts, the Kansas Rules of Evidence and the Liberal City Code. The purpose of the court is to provide a fair and efficient adjudication of alleged violations.
First Appearance and Review Dockets:
- Monday at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday at 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
Trial, Pretrial, Revocation, and Sentencing Dockets are on Thursdays.
- Declaration of Rights (English) Opens a New Window.
- Declaration of Rights (Spanish) Opens a New Window.
- City Codes Opens a New Window.
- Bonding Companies Opens a New Window.
- Driver’s License Information Opens a New Window.
- Records Request Opens a New Window.
Court Holiday Schedule
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
The office may be closed for additional days or parts of days as is necessary for administrative purposes.
Services we perform & programs we offer:
- Diversion Program
- Probation Department
- Community Service
- Victim Witness Assistance
Service we perform & programs we offer that receive most calls:
- Community Service
- Credit Card Payments
- Customer Service
- Assisting City Prosecutor’s Office
- Setting Hearing dates with Attorney’s Offices
- Warrant Information
- Division of Motor Vehicle Information
- Assisting Treatment Providers
Services we do not perform or programs we do not offer but receive calls:
- Police Department/Vehicle Inspections
Municipal Court Director
325 N Washington Avenue
Liberal, KS 67901
P.O. Box 2199
Liberal, KS 67905
Phone: (620) 626-0143
Fax: (620) 626-0569
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
7:30 - 11:30 a.m.