Dates Open: April 1 - October 15.
Hours: 7:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M., 7 days a week.
Camphost: (620) 391-2318
City Office: (620) 626-0132
324 North Kansas Avenue
P.O. Box 2199
Liberal Kansas 67901
Arkalon Park is located 10 Miles Northeast of Liberal on U.S. Highway 54.
1. Fishing Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., 7 days a week.
2. A Kansas State Fishing license is required and all Kansas State fishing rules must be complied with.
3. The fish in the Arkalon Ponds have been designated by the Kansas Department of Health & Environment, as Catch and Release Only - Not for Consumption, as the ponds contain wastewater effluent. Signs have been posted at the ponds.
4, No trotlines, bank lines or other type of lines are allowed.
5. No nets are allowed in the taking of fish.
6. No boats, floating tubes, swimming or wading are allowed.
7. All persons under the age of thirteen (13) must be
accompanied by an adult at all times.
8. All fishing licenses are subject to be checked at any time.
9. The removal of bait fish (sunfish & minnows) is prohibited.
Park Rules & Regulations
- Park Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week; Check-out time is 4:00 p.m. Camphost office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated. Upon first offense, violators will be expelled permanently from the facility.
- The discharging of firearms is prohibited.
- No hunting.
- Vehicles on graded roads only.
- Speed limit is 30 mph in park, unless otherwise posted.
- Speed limit is 5 mph in campground.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Fires in grills and designated areas only.
- Camping is permitted for a maximum of 14 consecutive days, thereafter, all persons/property must be removed for an additional 7-day period before camping can resume.
- No swimming.
- $500 to $1,000 fine for littering.
- Cattle and wildlife have the right-of-way.
- Cutting of standing trees is prohibited.
- Consumption of cereal malt beverages is permitted in campground and fishing areas.
- The use of ATV’s, go-carts and dirt bikes is prohibited.
- Firewood cannot be removed from the campground.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED.
- $15.00 per night with electricity (50 amp electrical hookups), $5 per additional RV air conditioner, due in advance.
- $ 5.00 per night without electricity, due in advance.
Shelter Rules & Regulations
1. A $30.00 reservation fee will be required *per day*. Once a reservation date is recorded and confirmed, all fees are non-refundable.
2. Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. All groups utilizing the Arkalon Shelter should begin clean-up in order for the Park to be locked at 10:00 p.m. It is suggested clean-up begin no later than 9:00 p.m.
3. Reservations must be made with the Arkalon Camphost at the Arkalon Park. All rental fees must be paid at this time. To inquire about the availability of the building, contact the Arkalon Camp host at (620) 391-2318.
* No confirmed reservation will be made other than within the current calendar year.*
4.Groups renting the Arkalon Shelter will be required to clean-up the shelter, which includes picking up and disposing of trash and food into the proper containers. Any necessary repairs or clean-up by the City or Camphost will be billed back to the renter.
5. The Arkalon Shelter may be utilized after 10:00 p.m., only if the group will be camping in the campground and have paid the appropriate camping fees to the Camphost. No camping is allowed in the shelter.
6. No group or individual may reserve the shelter more than one (1) time per month.
7. Renter agrees that all material which is not the possession of the City of Liberal or Arkalon Park, will be removed from the premises no later than the expiration date and time of the Shelter Reservation Contract. Any materials left on the premises after the expiration date and time of the agreement will be stored or disposed of at the expense of the renter.
8. Rental shall not cause or permit the building or equipment to be damaged, marred or defaced; and will not drive or permit to be driven, nails, hooks, tacks or screws into any part of the shelter or equipment.
9. All reservations carry precedence over non-reservation users.
10. The City of Liberal may reject a reservation for good cause