Certificate of Occupancy


A Certificate of Occupancy is required for all businesses located within Liberal city limits, except home occupations. This is a certificate to occupy a building or structure as classified for use by the Building Department and Fire Department.

A Building and Fire Department inspection will be conducted before the certificate can be issued. The certificate must be issued prior to the business license. There is no fee for this certificate.

Contact Us

  1. Alicia Hidalgo
    City Clerk


    324 N Kansas Avenue
    Liberal, KS 67901

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 2199
    Liberal, KS 67905

    Phone: 620-626-2206

    Office Hours:
    Monday - Thursday
    7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
    7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
    (Excluding Holidays)